Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Rhapsody in Who: Quoting Nisargadatta

I am beyond consciousness and, therefore, in consciousness I cannot say what I am. Yet, I am.

In whatever role I may appear and whatever function I may perform—I remain what I am: the 'I am' immovable, unshakable, independent.

All is done to please the one source and goal of every desire, whom we all know as the 'I am'.

I am what I am, neither with form nor formless, neither conscious nor unconscious. I am outside all these categories.

I do nothing, nor is anything done to me. I am what I am and nothing can affect me. I appear to depend on everything, but in fact all depends on me.

All you can tell about the person is not the self, and you can tell nothing about the self, which would not refer to the person.

I am entirely unimagined. I am what I am, not identifiable with any physical or mental state.

I know what I am, a center of wisdom and love, an atom of pure existence. All subsides and the mind merges into silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment